Auto Diagnostics in Houston, TX and Surrounding Communities
Harting Automotive is equipped with the latest computer assisted automotive diagnostic equipment. This allows our team to quickly and accurately determine issues with your car, truck or SUV. We've invested in this technology so that our ASE Certified car mechanics can get you back on the road in a timely manner with effective repairs. If you experience any signs of car trouble, be sure to call us to schedule professional auto diagnostics in Houston.
Our shop has been outfitted with the most modern automotive scanning and diagnostic equipment available. This allows us to plug directly into your Asian, European or domestic car, truck or SUV to determine what troubles it is having. These scanning tools connect to a vehicle's sensor system, which on its own detects faults that may otherwise go unnoticed, until it's too late. When faults are detected, a dashboard warning light will often illuminate. These lights include the oil light, TPMS light, ABS light, ALT light, battery light, engine temperature light and the check engine light, among others. If any of these dashboard warning light comes on, visit us for proper diagnostics and repairs.
Check Engine Light Repair
The check engine light is the most common dash warning light, and also the most feared. But this light should be thanked! In most cases this light is triggered by a relatively minor issue, such as a loose gas cap or a faulty oxygen sensor or mass air flow sensor, which are relatively easy repair jobs on most cars. But, for example, should you wait to have a faulty oxygen sensor repaired, it could turn into a much more expensive problem, such as a failed catalytic converter. Always visit us as soon as the check engine light turns on to prevent problems from getting worse.
Top Signs of Car Trouble
Besides dashboard warning lights, there are many ways to tell if your vehicle is having trouble operating. If you notice any of these signs of car trouble, be sure to visit our local auto shop in Houston for expert automotive diagnostics and car repair.
- Weird Noises While Driving - Many car problems will result in strange noises. A common example is the need for new brake pads, as low brake pads will cause a screeching sound as you try to stop your car.
- Car Smells - If you smell an odd odor while driving, you'll want to visit us for diagnostics. One example of a smell you may encounter if your car needs repair is that of maple syrup, which may indicate a fault with the cooling system.
- Vehicle Vibrations - If your car shakes and shimmies, come see us. A prominent indication that your car needs a wheel alignment is a vibrating steering wheel.
- Automotive Fluid Leaks - No liquids should ever be dripping from your vehicle. If you spot an automotive fluid leak visit us for proper car leak repairs.
- Performance Loss - A decrease in fuel efficiency, difficult acceleration, stalling, a rough idle or hard starting are all signs it may be time for a tune up. Our team can help your car get back on track.
We aim to provide the fastest and most accurate auto repair in Houston. Over the last three decades, our mechanics have built a reputation for doing just that. To learn more about how we fix auto problems, or to schedule professional car diagnostics in Houston, don't hesitate to give us a call at (281) 688-9405. We look forward to helping you get back on the road in a safe and reliable automobile.
"We have been going to Harting Automotive for over 25 years. They have always taken care of our repairs and maintenance for our cars. Always reasonable prices."
~ Maime A.
"Great mechanics shop. Owner is friendly and mechanics are highly knowledge. The price is on the higher end but they use quality parts for all their repairs and have trained mechanics who know what they are doing when they work on your car. This is an awesome place to get your car repaired if you want if done right."
~ Lewis Streeter